Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus



This is a tart and tasty variation on the hummus recipe I posted earlier this month.

Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Use the Hummus I recipe and add the following:
  • 1/2 small can (4 oz) of tomato paste
  • 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato slices
  • 1/2 tsp paprika

Preparation:
Prepare the plain hummus as directed, then stir in tomato paste, tomato slices, and paprika with a spoon until combined. Pulse lightly with a hand blender to break up the dried tomato slices a bit. Let sit for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.


I served this batch of sun-dried tomato hummus with a ring of olive oil and sprinkle of cayenne and cracked black pepper in the center.

I had the unfortunate experience of running out of hummus this week, and being so busy with art deadlines that I didn't have time to make more right away. Because of this, I realized just how much I rely on it as a flavor or binder in vegetable dishes. I have more chickpeas cooking on the stove now...

No comments:

Post a Comment