Saturday, January 12, 2013

Apple Walnut Salad

I enjoy uncomplicated food. This is clearly evidenced by my approach to leafy salads- I typically start with the bed of greens, then add up to two flavors and a dressing that sync up well together. Anything more than that and the flavors become too competitive for my palate.



This lunch salad was simplicity itself, but it was also a product of compromise; My husband brought home a beautiful, perfectly ripe avocado last night, and I had to resist chopping it up and keeping it all to myself. Apples seemed like a good alternative.

Apple Walnut Salad
  • greens (your choice)
  • 1/2 apple, rinsed and cubed
  • 1/4 cup walnuts
------------
Simple Honey Ginger Dressing (one serving)
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp warm honey
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger

Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup to combine, and stir well. Assemble the salad ingredients and pour the dressing on top. Eat. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment